Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Why, hello there!

Some of you may know me from the Legends of Mernac where I am Vickie, Fire Disciple of Elsen. I have a separate blog for my adventures in Mernac. This blog is about Vickie, normal person trying to make her way in the cruel world.

For my American friends, Happy 4th of July! It is hotter than...well, it's VERY hot here. Idiots are shooting off fireworks like the Tahoe fire never happened. I'm not talking about setting off some cones that were purchased at the high school fireworks stand and using them in the manner intended - I'm talking about people lighting Piccolo Pete's and throwing them up in the air to land on roofs, in trees, etc. Calling the fire dept. does little good because they are so busy. I know that the Tahoe fire had nothing to do with fireworks, but you would think that it would have taught people just how fast a fire can spread and how much destruction it can cause, especially after a dry winter.

I guess people will never learn.

1 comment:

Linda Casselman said...

Hi Vickie!

Nice to visit your RW blog. :-)
Just thought I'd stop in and say hi... and lead you to my RW blog too here

Bye for now...